Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Another solo ride

It's Wednesday so out I had to go, part reason I had to deliver some scrubs to my daughter. Out from Wimbledon to Cobham and on to East Horsley, delivered the goods and set out for Ripley.
Road into Ripley, how am I to get my loyalty card filled if this is what they do.
So with a heavy heart I headed on to Pyford, just three of us out on this streatch of road. Then it was up the hill and a right turn to head towards Woking, orderly and well spaced queues outside of Waitrose, on to New Haw, Addlestone and Walton, a quick look at the Thames from the Swan pub boat ramp. Plenty of people about but keeping their distance as they enjoyed the sun. Nice to see families of cyclists out.
Back on the bike and off to Kingston into a headwind not to bad but a tailwind would have been more comfortable. Easy ride through Kingston and then out to the start of the new cycle way to Raynes Park and soon home.
In summery some parts of the roads seemed as if I was the only one out, bit like the Prudential Ride, just a few other cyclists.
I hope others have been able to get out to keep the body going, do stay safe and I hope that I will see you on the road keeping a safe distance of course.

Geoff G

No comments: