Monday, May 25, 2020

A game of Bridge

Following the tremendous lack of response to my previous attempt to bring a little joy into your lockdown lives, I must be either extremely determined, or very insensitive, to try again. Here's my second attempt.

You will like this.   Pictures of bridges.   You have cycled over, or under, most of them many times.   Which do you recognise?    Write down your answers*, and I'll publish the answers in about a week.   Probably.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18
* clarification for Neil: write down the names of the bridges, not just "yes, I recognise this one".

Answers:

1. Staines,  2. M3 Chertsey,  3. Walton,  4. Hammersmith,  5. Putney,  6. Tower,  7. Clifton Suspension,  8. Chertsey,  9. Forth Rail bridge,  10. Teddington Lock,  11. Twickenham,  12. Kew,  13. Richmond Lock,  14. Chiswick,  15. Golden Gate,  16. Richmond,  17. Sydney Harbour,  18. Kingston.

3 comments:

Mark G said...

Hmm. I think that I may have been on stronger ground with pubs. I recognise some of these, some of which are a long way away.

Scotland, for example - though, tellingly, not Wales. I have ridden over some of them, but they look different when you are on them.

Neil will know.

Neil C said...

As I came last in your pub quiz I'm not sure I want to attempt this one.
But I'll be impressed if you have ridden over them all, particularly number 9.

Simon L said...

Neil, perhaps I forgot to mention that, not only did you come last in the last quiz, but you also came first! Well done. And, since you ask, I have been across number 9 with my bike...