Monday, May 04, 2020

Blue Plaques & Manor House

What an interesting theme! Well this is the one on Meadow Walk.


Golfer came down from Scotland to become the professional golfer at Walton Heath.

On the subject of Thomas Hardy, I recall my first ever CTC Birthday Rides. It was based at Warmwell Holiday Park in Dorset and I recall that the weather was so hot. It was where I first met Peter Matheson. We shared a 3 bed 6 berth cabin, one person per room. Good that that was so as he snores so loud it is difficult to share as I found out later on other B'Day rides.
I remember going to see the grave of T.H.Lawrence, visit Poundbury and make my first ride up Gold Hill in Shaftsbury on my Raleigh tourer!

MANOR HOUSE

Another guessing game - where is it. The clue is Headley way!



2 comments:

Tim C said...

It's obviously 26 Meadow Walk, Walton on the Hill

mike morley said...

I wish!