Thursday, April 16, 2020

Another Wednesday ride

It was eerily quiet. My normal route over the footbridge to Leatherhead is too narrow for social distancing so I joined the A24. Straight across the Leatherhead bypass roundabout with nothing in sight and then the same when I rejoined the A24 towards Mickleham. I rode through the village and past the bottom of Box Hill - still taped off so not just for Easter weekend. Then back across the A24 to Westhumble - again no traffic at all until I passed a few cyclists coming down Chapel Lane. I turned off at the chapel to follow Terry's route up to Ranmore. Two couples walking near Westhumble but no-one on the path through the vineyard. Nice view across the Leith Hill but that's out of bounds.

Then the full length of the ridge at Ranmore to Crocknorth with signs of spring along the way.


Suddenly at East Horsley there was traffic though I lost it as I turned off towards Downside and Cobham which was also busy. Then past the Yehudi Menuhin school back to Fetcham and home.


No comments: