Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Using YouTube with a turbo trainer

Hi all, in these days of lock down and the guidance for one hours exercise I’ve looked for ways to make using a turbo trainer more interesting. I’ve downloaded a playlist on my iPhone and happily pedal away trying to match the beat of the sounds whilst watching snails make slow progress across my path (the turbo is in the garden). However, I’ve discovered these videos on YouTube https://youtu.be/69iVX_tOF8w . There are a series of these of different lengths and intensity and other videos are available. I use mine with the iPhone propped up on a bird feed stand, headphones in and off we go.

1 comment:

Ged Lawrenson said...

Probably a dumb question, but I'm interested in how you change the intensity of effort? Shifting chainring/gears or turbo controller on bars - or both?