Saturday, April 18, 2020

Box Hill Update

Firstly horses, well Terry & Don, I never knew these horses existed and I am still slightly baffled as to where they are? When all the anti-social isolation is over perhaps we can have a proper social ride together sometime. That is assuming I come out of Kings College after my further Liver procedure Monday 20th to Wed 22nd April, which I am sure I will! I am so pleased that Kings are continuing with my very necessary treatment and recommending moderate bike riding within my limits at this trying time for everybody. My thoughts go out to all those cancer patients and others who have been put on hold indefinitely!
Regarding Box Hill I visited Destination Bike on Thursday for bike maintenance, they have the best mechanic around called Andy. Jeff the proprietor said that he had phoned the Nation Trust to enquire why Box Hill was still closed after Easter. N.T. replied that they had asked the police to maintain the sign saying residents only to stop not the cyclists but motorists who were persisting in clogging the car parks and the viewing point and sunbathing, picnicking etc in the fine weather! So it's not the cyclists who are the blame by the motorists but they themselves.
I have made a comment to this effect back to CUK HQ in regard to campaigning via Cycle Clips!

No comments: