Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Brockham bound

I used my preferred route south from Dorking today to get the wonderful view from Cotmandene (see blog 27th March). A little further I saw some not-very-wild-llllllamas before joining the A24 briefly prior to turning into Chart Lane South. The rapid freewheel was spoilt by braking before turning into Punchbowl Lane. Soon I turned into Tilehurst Lane and had another practice run down the freewheel competition hill but other road users prevented a record run.

 From Brockham I used the bridleway just past The Grumpy Mole which was dry, picturesque and easy and ended at Mill Hill then Kiln Lane. Passing Poland House (now housing for elderly folk, thanks to Sidney Poland, a generous benefactor for Brockham, especially children) I soon joined Brockham Lane and the A25. I soon forked (right) onto Old Reigate Road for a break from traffic, rejoining the A25 by the closed garden centre and soon to Dorking, Strava telling me I took 1hr and 45 seconds. A very pleasant ride in ideal conditions (but rather quiet).

Best wishes, keep well,

Terry

No comments: