Thursday, April 09, 2020

An Easy Ride for an EasyRider

As it was Wednesday, I felt I should make a modest effort! From my house in West End, Esher, round the village green, past the Village hall, the Village Club, the tin church given to the village by Queen Victoria. Up onto the Portsmouth road for a couple of hundred yards, over Horseshoe Clump and into the woods.

Followed the track under the high voltage power lines. Picked up the A244 for a short distance and then back into the woods again, riding parallel to the A3 - strangely quiet! Pleasant ride along the tracks and bridle paths which brought me back to the Portsmouth Road, right next to the house where one of the Gibb brothers used to live.

Up onto The Ledges and then dropped down to the farm track, then Winterdown Road and on into Garsons for essential supplies - bananas! Then back home. A short ride, but I felt better for it.


~ Don Elms


No comments: